We want all of our customers to feel confident. We are committed to process your personal data securely and transparently and we are aware of our obligations under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
This privacy notice sets out, in line with the GDPR, the types of data that we collect and hold. It also sets out how we use that information, how long we keep it for and other relevant information about your data.
Why, when and what data we process
The information we ask for is to enable us to provide our broadband services to you and includes:
– name, residential or business address
– contact telephone number and email address
– other information that relates to the service you are ordering, for example direct debit details
The law on data protection allows us to process your data additionally for certain reasons:
– In order for us to carry out our legitimate interests
– To protect your interests and
– Where something is done in the public interest
Data Protection Principles
In relation to personal data, we will:
– Process it fairly, lawfully and in a clear, transparent way
– Collect data only for reasons that we find proper for the course of providing our services to customers or engaging the services of suppliers
– Use it strictly in the way that you have been informed about
– Ensure it is correct and up to date
– Keep the information for only as long as we need it
– Process it in a way that ensures it will not be used for anything that you are not aware of or have not consented to
– Make sure it will not get lost or destroyed
Types of Data We Process
We hold and process the personal details of our current and prospective customers, including their name, address, email address and phone numbers.